For the Twilio WhatsApp application, Connect iPaaS uses a Token Authentication to make a connection. By linking your Twilio WhatsApp account with Connect iPaaS, you can authorize RoboMQ to have a delegated access on your behalf.
When you click on the
Link Account button, you need to provide the Twilio account SID and auth token to set up the connection.
The following is an overview of the entities in Twilio WhatsApp that Connect iPaaS will interact with for Triggers and Actions and the permissions it will need for each.
|SMS Message||Read and Create an SMS message|
Steps to get your Twilio Account SID and Auth Token:
- Use your Twilio account email address and password to Log in to the your Twilio Dashboard as a Twilio user.
- You can find your account SID and auth token there.
- Choose 'show to see' auth token or click on the copy icon to copy account SID and auth token from your browser window and paste it somewhere else.
- Twilio also allows you to later get these credentials from your Twilio console.
By default, tokens are created and are ready for you to use. The main step that you must follow is to use your Twilio number and enable WhatsApp on that number.
Enable WhatsApp Number on your Twilio Number¶
To send/get messages to/from WhatsApp using Twilio, you will need to enable WhatsApp on that Twilio Number which will require you to have the following:
- Facebook Business Manager Account
- Facebook Business Verification
- Twilio account (Non-trial) and Number
You can find more detailed information on Twilio's how-to-guide on getting started with WhatsApp.