Tibco Spotfire Connection¶
When making a connection with Tibco Spotfire connector, you are not actually making a connection with the Tibco Spotfire server but a connection to its database where it stores all of the datasets that you can use to create analytics reports.
Using Connect IpaaS' Tibco Spotfire, you can connect to any MySQL or Oracle Database that is storing your datasets.
To connect your dataset database with Connect iPaaS, you will have to select the database engine you want to connect with and also provide the details of your database server so that Connect iPaaS can connect to that database to be able to either create, update, or delete data for your analytics.
Note: For this example, we are connecting to an Oracle database that you might be using for your Tibco Spotfire's Backend database.
- Connection Name - Name of your connection. This is used by Connect iPaaS to identify your connection. The default name is "Connection-DatabaseAuth". You can give any other name that best fits your needs.
- Database Engine - This is the list of database engines to which you can connect to using Tibco Spotfire on Connect iPaaS.
- Hostname - This is the location of your database server. It will generally be the IP address of your server or a URL pointing to the location of your MySQL server. Both of which are supported.
- Port - This is the port through which the database connection will be made. The default port number is 3306. If your MySQL server is running on different port number then to connect your database, reach out to RoboMQ support.
- Database Name - This is the name of the target database where you want to perform the operations.
- Username - This is the Username of the database user with required permissions to perform operations.
- Password - This is the Password of the database user with required permissions to perform operations.
When making the connection, please make sure that you have the right permissions to make changes to the data on the database. The types of permissions to carry out the actions should be the following.
|UPSERT||SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE|
Note: For more information about how to grant these permissions, please visit your user handbook for the database you are using.
Note: You do not have to give Connect iPaaS all of these permissions to work for your use-case, however its best to give them to receive the full benefit of the connector.