With the help of Tableau on Connect iPaaS, you can connect to three database engines. They are MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
To connect your database with Connect iPaaS, you have to select the database engine you want to connect and also provide the details of your database server so that Connect iPaaS receives the required credentials to connect with the database and perform the desired actions.
Connect iPaas requires the following details in order to connect to the desired database.
- Connection Name - Name of your connection. This is used by Connect iPaaS to identify your connection. The default name is "Connection-DatabaseAuth". You can keep any other name.
- Database Engine - This is the list of database engines to which you can connect to using Tableau on Connect iPaaS.
- Hostname - This is the location of your MySQL server. It will generally be the IP address of your MySQL server or a URL pointing to the location of your MySQL server.
- Port - This is the TCP/IP port through which the MySQL server is listening. The default port number is 3306. If your MySQL server is running on a different port number then, reach out to RoboMQ support to connect your database.
- Database Name - This is the name of the target database where you want to perform the operations.
- Username - This is the username of the database user with required permissions to perform operations.
- Password - This is the password of the database user with required permissions to perform operations.
The database user must have the following permissions to carry out these operations:
|UPSERT||SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE|