ServiceNow provides service management software as a service. It helps businesses to structure their work and automate service processes by cutting down their time in addressing service issues. ServiceNow specializes in IT services management (ITSM), IT Business management (ITBM), and can also be used within various departments in a company.
Read the official documentation of ServiceNow here.
All the documentations in this section are for Connector "ServiceNow (Certified)" in RoboMQ Connect iPaaS platform.
ServiceNow (Certified) on Connect iPaaS¶
Connect iPaaS enables you to integrate ServiceNow with other SaaS and enterprise applications. You can build a workflow to manage records based on certain events in other applications. Conversely, you can perform actions on other applications based on changes in records in your ServiceNow account. There are two types of records for the ServiceNow application on Connect iPaaS:
Incident record: As the most popular entity in ServiceNow for IT Service Management, Connect iPaaS handles the record in the Incident table explicitly for the ease of use in both ServiceNow trigger and action node(s).
Record: This represents the general record in any table of your ServiceNow instance. Whenever you choose a trigger or action node which manages "Record", you will be asked to select specific web services (staging table) which is configured to map the data to the actual target table. You will ask your ServiceNow administrator to add new web services if needed.
User instructions to set up ServiceNow app “RoboMQ Connect iPaaS”
- Install the ServiceNow app
RoboMQ Connect iPaaSin your ServiceNow instance. You can download the app from the ServiceNow store and install it in your instance.
- You can click on the gear icon on the top left corner in your ServiceNow instance, go to Developer tab. In this tab you can select the application named
RoboMQ Connect iPaaSfrom the list of given applications.
- Once this app is installed, all the pre-packaged tables will be available to use.
- Please read through the 5 Minutes Quick Start guide page to understand how to setup the workflow in Connect iPaaS.
- The setup activities on your ServiceNow instances require applicable privileges and may need to be done by a ServiceNow admin.
- Please go to the trigger documentation to know more on how to setup ServiceNow trigger on Connect iPaaS.
- Please go to the action documenation to know more on how to setup ServiceNow Actions on Connect iPaaS.