Proocre Data Mapping¶
Data Mapping and Transformation is one of the powerful features of Connect iPaaS. When you create a workflow, certain data points of your Trigger application are available in the Action application for data mapping.
These Data Mapping can be mapped to the specific attributes of the Action application. This powerful capability not only allows field mapping but also the complex transformation using excel style functions with hundreds of formulas and operations.
Example Scenario with Procore Trigger¶
In the example workflow, shown below, Procore is the trigger application. You can access the following attributes of Procore event in any of the action application while designing your workflow. You can select the attributes of the entity that you have selected for filtering the incoming events. Click here to learn more about all the entities on Procore and their attributes.
For Example, Incidents entity has the following attributes:
- Created At - Time when the Incident was created.
- Event Date - Date of the Incident
- Status - Incident is open or close.
- Query - Contains searchable information about the incident.
- Recordable - True if the incident was recordable, false otherwise.
- Time Unknown - True if the time of the incident is unknown, false otherwise.
- Private - True if the incident is private, false otherwise.
- Title - Title of the Incident.
As shown in Figure 1 above, we are mapping parameters from Procore "Create Entity" trigger to the ServiceNow Action of creating a new Incidents. We can create the Incident in ServiceNow based on data attributes of the Procore trigger. In this example, we are constructing the
Short Desciption of the Incident in ServiceNow using
Title of Procore Incident and
Status of Procore Incident.