Microsoft Teams Data Mapping¶
Data Mapping and Transformation is one of the powerful features of Connect iPaaS. When you create a workflow, certain data points of your Trigger application are available in the Action application for data mapping.
These Data Mapping can be mapped to the specific attributes of the Action application. This powerful capability not only allows field mapping but also the complex transformation using excel style functions with hundreds of formulas and operations.
Example Scenario with Microsoft Teams Trigger¶
In this example workflow, Microsoft Teams is the trigger application. You can access the following data attributes of MS Teams in any of the application actions while designing your workflow.
- Mentioned User - All the mentioned users in the message.
- Has Attachments - If the message has an attachment.
- From - Name of the message sender.
- Content - The content of the message
- Attachment Name - Name of the files attached to the message.
- Mentioned Outgoing Webhook - All the mentioned webhooks in the message.
- Mentioned Channel - All the mentioned channels in the message.
- Created At - Date and time when message was posted or updated.
As shown in the Figure above, we are mapping parameters from Microsoft Teams trigger of
New Message Received on the Channel to the Outlook Action of
We can create the
Message of the email using the attributes of the Microsoft Teams event message. In this example, the subject of the email is constructed by using the text from the
Mentioned User attributes of the Microsoft Teams event message. The message content found in the
content attribute of the Microsoft Team's message, will be used to create the email body.