Data Mapping and Transformation
Data Mapping and Transformation is one of the powerful features of Connect iPaaS. When you create a workflow, certain data points of your Trigger application are available in the Action application for data mapping.
These Data Mapping can be mapped to the specific attributes of the Action application. This powerful capability not only allows field mapping but also the complex transformation using excel style functions with hundreds of formulas and operations.
Drag & Drop Fields¶
All the attributes which are available to an action application could be seen in the Trigger Data Panel which is placed on the rightmost side of the screen. You just need to drag & drop to map input fields of the Action. Please refer Figure 1. Look how we could use Dynamics data from the Trigger panel in ServiceNow actions.
These fields change depending on what trigger application you have added in your workflow.
For ex - if Outlook is a trigger application, then you will see
Subject etc. as Trigger data in the panel.
Excel Style Functions¶
Connect iPaaS provides a really powerful set of features to apply complex formulas on data for transformation. Here are the set of functions that are available.
- Simple Math Operations ( + , - , * , / , ( , ) )
- Trigonometry Functions (SIN, TAN, COS etc.)
- Date Time Functions (Today, Now() etc.)
- Statistical Functions (Average, Mean etc.)
- Text Operations (Clean, Trim, Lowercase etc.)
- Data Validation (ISTEXT, ISNUMBER etc.)
- Financial Operations (FV, NPV, PV, etc.)
- Logical Operations (OR, NOT etc)
- Engineering Operations (BIN2DEX, HEX2DEC etc.)
Check out Figure 1. Look how we have used
ABS() as a function in the input field of ServiceNow action.